Rain Later Today; Severe Weather Threat Friday AM, High Wind Warning

Cloudy, but mostly dry during the daytime hours today.

HRRR model, above, shows rain moving in around 7 or 8pm tonight, lasting on and off throughout the night. We aren’t concerned about severe weather with this round. The rain will be brought by a warm front, which will set us up for our severe weather tomorrow.

BEFORE and AFTER the severe weather tomorrow, non-thunderstorm winds will be howling. Both counites are under a High Wind Warning from 6am Friday thru 6pm Friday. Sustained winds of 25-45mph with gusts up to 60(!!)mph will be possible. With winds this strong, downed trees and power outages will be possible, especially with the ground already saturated. Please, have your phone charged and make sure your weather radio has new batteries so you can get warnings on Friday.

Random image

Tomorrow we have been outlooked by the Storm Prediction Center with a:

  • 30% chance of damaging straight-line winds within 25 miles (70% chance that damaging straight-line winds WON’T occur within 25 miles of you)
  • 5% chance of a tornado within 25 miles (95% chance that a tornado will NOT come within 25 miles of you)

We are not outlooked for severe hail.

Timing wise, ETA’s have slowed down a little.

HRRR model shows a broken line of storms coming into our two counties around 10-11am tomorrow. This ETA is not set in stone and may need updating. The main threat tomorrow will be damaging straight-line winds, but a tornado or two is possible.

Thankfully this isn’t a nighttime threat, but that doesn’t mean you need to be any less prepared. Have multiple ways to receive warnings. If a warning is issued for either part of our county, we’ll go live on our YouTube channel, you can click here for that. Won’t hurt to subscribe and turn on notifications so you’ll know the second we go live. Know where to go if a Tornado Warning is issued for you.

After the line of storms, the rest of Friday and the weekend will be dry. High temps stay above average. Next rain chance looks to be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Quick References:

Weather changes constantly.
Follow @NashSevereWx on Twitter for any changes to this forecast.

Live coverage during tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings.

Look good.
Support the mission.

Shop Merch | Nashville Severe Weathe

We are 100% community supported. No ads. No subscription fees. Keep it free for everyone.