Severe Weather Threat Today, Main Threat Damaging Straight-Line Winds

The Storm Prediction Center has outlooked both of our counties with a

  • 30% chance of damaging (58mph+) straight-line winds within 25 miles
  • 30% chance of severe (1″+) hail within 25 miles
  • 2% chance of a tornado within 25 miles (98% chance you will NOT see a tornado within 25 miles of you!)


HRRR model (above) thinks 6-8pm is the timeframe for our two counties. This could change throughout the day, so keep tuned for updates. The primary threat is damaging straight-line winds, followed by severe hail, and then a tornado.

HRRR model has backed off the idea that there will be two rounds and now thinks our main event will be during the 6-8pm timeframe but cannot totally rule out some storms before.

What To Do

Know where an enclosed shelter is wherever you are today. Whether you are downtown or in your friend’s backyard. You DO NOT want to be outside (or driving) in this. Tent/Under a Tree doesn’t count! Just because you aren’t under a tornado warning DOES NOT mean you aren’t in danger! Damaging straight-line winds can be just as, if not more dangerous!

The good news is this will be a fast mover. The delay that seems almost certain for the CMAs shouldn’t be some multi-hour thing. Follow instructions, relax, and just think about all the country music you’ll hear after.

IF any part of our counties go under a Severe T-Storm or Tornado Warning, we’ll go live on our YouTube channel. You can click here for that, subscribing and turning on notifications won’t hurt.

Stay connected with us on the Tweeter and have multiple ways to get info!

Week Ahead

  • Monday will be dry and cooler than normal for this time of the year
  • Wattery chances return Tuesday and stick around all week as temps and dewpoints rise
  • Still no ETAs, most likely in the afternoon and evening tho
  • For now, no severe weather expected, but lightning, gusty winds and heavy rain possible in any storm

Quick References:

Weather changes constantly.
Follow @NashSevereWx on Twitter for any changes to this forecast.

Live coverage during tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings:

Look good.
Support the mission.

Shop Merch | Nashville Severe Weather

We are 100% community supported. No ads. No subscription fees. Keep it free for everyone.