Today – Officially First 90 degree day of 2013
At 3:53 p.m. today, we reached 92. Hope you’re spending time in the air conditioner. Tonight won’t be cooling off too much either: 80 is the forecast temp at 10 PM.
Wednesday – High 95 and Humid
72 is the forecast morning low. Keep hydrated, because it will be the hottest day of the year. Last thing anyone wants is heat stroke.
Common sense reminders for beating the heat:
- Beat the heat – check the back seat! – Don’t leave children or pets in the car. This happens a lot. Don’t let it happen to you.
- Slow down – Take it easy, stud.
- Try and avoid peak hours – 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Dress for summer – Don’t wear your parka, no matter how cool it looks on you.
- Drink plenty of water – Or Gatorade. No matter how tough you are, you aren’t tough enough to not hydrate. Exception: Chuck Norris.
Slight rain chances return late in the evening. Weather models are all over the place with this one.
Thursday – High 87
A complex of storms will be firing way off to our west Wednesday. The question now is whether these storms will hold together, and whether they will be far enough south to affect us on Thursday. Answer: Probably Not.
The GFS model has few showers in the area at 7 AM with the main complex of storms waaaayyyy off to our northeast:
WPC (Weather Prediction Center) rainfall totals from now until Friday at 1 AM shows they don’t think much of our rain chances, either:
Check back for the latest updates as we watch the mercury rise.
Categories: Forecast Blogs