Climbing the Temperature Ladder This Week (This Ladder Is Tall and I Have A Fear of Heights)

I am getting the same feeling looking at the temperatures for later this week as I do when I am forced to climb the old, scary, wooden ladder I have – “oh great here we go again.” I don’t like heights – or supahot temps.

This week can be divided into two parts. Tolerable and not tolerable.

Today – Wednesday = Tolerable!

High temperatures in the low to mid 80s, low humidity, no rain chances. Oh how I wish it could stay like this.

Thursday – TBD = Not Very Tolerable!

High temperatures start climbing that ladder, making it into the mid to upper 90s by the weekend. And just in time, dewpoints also begin to rise into the mid to upper 60s. Heat index values will begin to hang around the 100° mark.

Relying on shade and plenty of water will be important – heat exhaustion can creep up quickly, especially if you are surrounded by a lot of people at Roo.

No rain chances to speak of until maybe Sunday, which would be welcomed with open arms to cool us down.

Unfortunately, these hot temperatures look to stick around beyond Sunday. The Climate Predicition Center has given us a 20-40% chance of Excessive Heat 6/18 – 6/24. ‘Tis the season.

The Climate Prediction Center’s Risk of Hazardous Temperatures Outlook for the June 18-24 period depicts a 40 to 60 percent chance of excessive heat for portions of the Ohio Valley and Mid-Atlantic June 18-20. A broader region of slight risk (20 to 40 percent chance) includes much of the remainder of the East.

Leave a Reply